Me

Me

Monday, March 26, 2012

Checkin' in before Italia!

This one should be a short entry. In comparison to all the others, I suppose. J I just thought I’d make a quick entry before I take off to Italy & write a couple books for you.

I just have a couple new things to share with you, so I figured I’d better… J
I’m feeling a little more involved in the school. They are asking Joanne and me to participate in field trips now. I went with the 3rd grade last week to a castle in Alcaudete (a town about 45 minutes away). I really had no idea what to expect, but it was very interesting and entertaining. They created a story for the kids with actors and a treasure hunt. It was quite cute and the kids really enjoyed it. The ‘treasure’ they found at the end was gold (in chocolate form). It was dollar coins from the United States of America. J This coming week, I am going to Jaen on Tuesday & Wednesday with the 6th and 4th grade. I’m sure it will be entertaining, as well. I’ll let ya’ know! J


The view of the cathedral from the castle

The students with the 'king' :)

In addition to joining the classes on field trips, I was asked to translate the school’s blog for the blogsite. It was nice to be asked to help out. I’m still lacking confidence when it comes to speaking the language. I can read and understand it really well, for the most part (& when they speak slowly, haha), but I’m still struggling with my speaking confidence. When they ask me to help with things like these, it gives me a minor boost in confidence.
An update on the reapplication process: All of my documents have been fully and successfully submitted. It is unbelievable how much easier it was to reapply than the original time. I suppose it should be more simple, but I wasn’t expecting it after all the political hoops I’ve had to jump through so far this year. Anyway, I’m about 99% sure I’ll get the offer to stay for a 2nd year. I’m going to have to make some decisions, though, when that time comes. I’ll dive further into that when the time comes, but my mind has not been leaning in any decision’s direction more than the other at this particular point in time.
That’ll have to do for now! I told you it was a short entry!! I am taking off for Italy on Friday!! I’m excited, but nervous as hell to go by myself. I’m not concerned about the traveling alone part, I’m pretty good at that now, but going out to eat & drink and do touristy things by myself will be a big step for me to take. Wish me luck!! I asked Pullen if would have the opportunity to get a picture with him for all my K-State family & friends & he said yes, so I should get to meet him. J Pretty excited!
Besos from Spain!! Hope this finds you all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment