Me

Me

Monday, July 18, 2011

Feels so repetitive, but...

I am STILL waiting!  HaHa!  I have not receieved my background check yet.  I am anxiously waiting for that.  HOWEVER, once I DO receive it, I have spoken with the Consulate & they said I could bring a copy of the authenticated FBI check (not yet authenticated by the Apostille) to the first Visa interview.  I would just have to bring the final apostillized (if that is a word) copy to my final interview.  A little break of good news.  Now, I just need my health certificate back in my hands and I'll feel a ton better.  Still not expecting that until late next week, though.  But this means I should be able to have my first trip to Chicago by the first week or two of August!  BoNuS!

In the meantime, I am working arduously to sell my car.  Have you ever had to do that?!  Ugh, it is NOT fun.  I'm sure I will end up selling it to a dealership for much less than its value, but whatever, at least it will help fund my expenses.  I'm going to try for a month or so on my own.  And then I'll resort to taking a loss.  There's a lot of paperwork involved!  HaHa! 

I found out my school.  Click here to check it out.  It's in Spanish, of course, so you'll have to translate it.  I googled the map of Spain & zoomed in on my city really close... It's a small, small city.  I'll be able to walk easily from place to place.  I'm excited about that.  No expenses for public transportation.  Except that I'll have to go to cities outside of my own to do a lot of the political work (Getting my residence card, etc).  From what it sounds like, that's going to be a pretty large adventure in itself.  Ugh, I hope my Spanish is good enough to help me survive.  I imagine the first couple months as being pretty stressful. 

I met with Sarah, a girl who has done the program that I am going into.  We talked a lot about her adventures.  It sounds amazing.  She had a lot of very helpful information for me.  I am really glad to have gotten in connection with her.  She gave me a hint of relief when she said I could go over as soon as all of my paperwork is done.  She said she knew a girl that didn't show up until November because of paperwork/Visa problems.  So, no matter what, I can go.  That's a relief.  I think.  HaHa!  It sounds like I am going to need to relax quite a bit in order to survive over there.  I like to know when, where, how long, and how much... But truth be told, I could really use an extended period of time to just relax and live life.  And get paid a little bit for it.  I think it'll be an amazing thing for me.

My kids are grade school level.  I'm super excited about that.  I was really hoping for youngsters seeing as they are so much more open to things.  They are excited to learn & have fresh, fun questions.  Sarah said she felt like a celebrity at the end of her experience.  They all wanted autographs and pictures.  HaHa... Kids... I love 'em!  I'm getting excited!!

People here keep asking me, "How many days do you have left?!"  I don't have an answer for them.  Primarily because I am still waiting on a lot of the paperwork to even get to me.  But also, I haven't even started counting down.  Is that bad?  I just know it's a couple months away, but I'm not putting numbers on anything yet.  I have too much stuff to worry about before then!!  HaHa!

Ok, I gotta jet... Meeting a pal for the movies... Hopefully, I'll be on here in a few days saying, "IT'S HERE!!"  But not gonna hold my breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment