Me

Me

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Letter to My Family

I changed my mind... I wasn't planning on doing another entry before I leave for holiday, but I got to thinking about some things and thought I'd make an entry that singled out some of my family... since it's the holidays. :) Kind of a public letter to my family... Now, the whole WORLD will know how I feel, haha!

Dear John Vestal Cook,
First and foremost, I love ya! I know that this move in my life is something that you would never have imagined you'd have to deal with. It's something that I never thought would be even a possibility. But, alas, we are a third of the way through this 'journey' of mine. You were the hardest person for me to say goodbye to. And you were the one I was most concerned about keeping in touch with while I was away. The Skyping thing seems to be working for us fairly well and it really helps me (I hope you know this) being able to see you. You don't seem so far away from the computer screen. :) I'm glad we've figured out some sort of schedule with that and it seems to make time go by quicker, if that makes sense. I just want to say that I appreciate that you supported me (in your own sort of way) in making this decision. I know that the holidays are going to be a little tough, but I think we're strong enough to come out on top. :) I look forward to 'seeing' everyone for the Christmas gatherings at the ranch. I know I'm not going to be there, but you should save a seat on the couch for me for the Chiefs/Packers game. Put a picture of me there or something, haha! :) I'm going to try to call that day about 2:30 your time so that I can maybe hear a bit of the game in the background. :) Our two teams fighting it out... Well, let's be honest, there probably won't be much fighting coming from the Chiefs. It'll be more like comedy hour for the Chiefs. HaHa! Anyway... I know that the days of the gatherings are going to suck. I promise that no matter where I am, I will want to be there... and I will be... in spirit. :) "I'll be home for Christmas... if only in my dreams." :) I love you a lot, John Cook.

Dear Janet,
Well, I have to put out there that you were one of my biggest supporters in doing this. You never pushed it, but you never squashed it. You always made it feel like it was my decision and you'd be on board no matter what. For that, I appreciate you. And the Christmas package was amazing! Obviously, the ranch dressing and lemon pepper made the top of my list, personally, but all the other goodies were great surprises! I liked getting to open a couple little things, too. HaHa! I think I was smiling for a good while just outta excitement for Christmas. :) It's good to feel the love through the distance. :) Thanks for becoming a friend and person that I can trust and rely on. You are a great person and I look forward to what the future possibilities of our friendship can become. I love you!

Dear Trent, Abby, & Miss Lynnon,
It makes me sad that I am not there to watch Lynnon in the earlier part of her life where she is developing all her personality traits and figuring out how to become mobile and climb all over and get into everything. The pictures make me sad and happy, both. And Skyping on occassion is definitely awesome, even though she doesn't know that she's 'talking' to me, haha. :) Anyway, you guys are awesome and I am very proud of the parents you are. Trent, especially. I still can't believe I have a little brother that has an 11 month old daughter. She's the spitting image of you. You are a fantastic father and I love seeing that. Thanks for sending me pictures and keeping me in mind even though I'm so far away. Love you all.

Dear Garrett,
Little big brother... You, sir, are an amazing man. You've taken on more in your young life than many people will take on in their lifetime. I know it isn't easy and may never be, but I'm confident in your ability to make it work. I look up to you, both literally and figuratively. Thank you for letting me live in your home for a month before I took off on this adventure of mine and thanks for helping handle business while I am away. :)  You're one of my best friends.  I love you, Garr.

Dear Brad, Regan, Reese, & Aidan,
Big brother and family... You guys have helped me out so much! Aside from giving me a car for my last month and a half, haha,  you're so easy to talk to! You've been a great support when I need to talk to someone and there isn't anything that I could tell you that you'd judge me for. Your honesty, support, and love means the world to me. Reese and Aidan are two pretty fantastic kids. I was looking through some old pictures and found some of Aidan when he was brought home... They've gotten so big and they're becoming good little people. :) I love you all.

I obviously have many more family members and they have all been super supportive in this massive step I've taken. I would love to single you all out, but I'm running out of time and I wanted to be sure to get this publicized so everyone knows how grateful I am to my family! I'm grateful to all of you, please know that.

I am also very fortunate to have plenty of friends in my life that I consider as close as family and I think they know who they are. I wanted this entry to just be about my immediate family.

Ok, in the spirit of the holiday season, I wanted to show my appreciation for my family. I am going to miss them this Christmas, but it'll be ok. :)

Con Amor...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment