Me

Me

Thursday, December 22, 2011

There's No Place Like Home


Well, hello from Kansas!

As many of you now know, I surprised my family for Christmas this year.  There's no place like home for the holidays.  Here's a short version of my story:

With the help of one of my favorite people, Clint Massey, I decided to come home about a month and a half ago.  It would only work if I had assistance on this side of the world.  That assistance came from Clint who kept my secret and helped work things out on this side.  He picked me up at the airport and delivered me to the ranch on the 17th.  We surprised Garrett, Janet, and Dad.  Trent and Abby came Sunday along with the rest of the Domnick clan at the Christmas gathering.  A few reactions were pretty funny.  After Dad got over the idea of me 'lying to him,' I think he's pretty okay with me being here.  :) 

I went back to Hays with Clint on Sunday evening to continue on with the surprises.  We visited the Blurtons first.  Monday evening was the bar staff Christmas party.  It went well, I think!  It was nice to see some of my old co-workers.  It would have been fun to catch some reactions on video, haha.  It was a lot of fun.  I crashed in Hays for a few days and got to eat at some of my favorite places in town.  It was nice to just relax.  

I am now out at the ranch for the next week and I'm looking forward to some more family time.  I will be making another trip to Hays for New Year's.  I head back to Spain on January 5th for the remainder of school year.  I'm sure this time will fly by, but I am very much looking forward to it. 

I apologize for the deception in some of my posts, but I had to make sure everyone believed it.  :)  I will be visiting friends in England sometime... just not over Christmas.  :) 

I've told him about a hundred million times, but one last time (we'll see if he actually reads my blog), I want to say a massive 'THANK YOU' to Clint Massey!  You, sir, are one of a kind and I'm proud to call you my friend.  I can't wait until you get to Europe! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to see your family as well as your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can not believe you pulled that off!! Wow, what a super surprise. We love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete