Me

Me

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Greece: The Omega

I believe I left you in Santorini... Correct?  Well, that's where I'll jump off from anyway, so here we go...

After Santorini, we went to Crete.  It is the farthest south Greek island in the Aegean Sea.  We spent our last 6 or 7 days in Greece here.  We honestly did nothing but lounge on the beach, eat, & drink.  I can feel the effect of all this food intake and it's going to require a little work once I get back to the states.  :)  Anyway... I think it's safe to say that we both enjoyed Santorini far more than we did Crete, but neither of us will complain about being on a beach regardless of where we are.  :)  Probably.  ;)

This is Nikos.  He owns a bar/restaurant that we visitd at least once a day in Santorini.  Great advice & super friendly guy!

We arrived in Crete to this...

I just post this one to show you how clear the water was.  How many fish can you spot?

There were fish spas all over the island... HAD to try it.  WEIRD!

Not a bad view for supper, huh?

A man fishing on the pier.  I tried to capture it as a wave hit.

Well, that concludes Greece.  I, of course, have a ton more photos, but I only want to put highlights on here.  Don't have the time or patience, haha, for waiting for a million photos to upload.  :)

Greece, the islands, was amazing.  I didn't care for Athens.  It could have been my own personal judgement on a place that could be perfectly amazing, but the reality is, I just didn't feel safe and comfortable, two things important to traveling in another country.  I think, anyway.  :)

The food in Greece was unbelievable!  There wasn't a single thing we didn't enjoy.  We had some fresh seafood in Santorini and it was so good.  I had baracuda for the first time and WOW!  There is a type of cheese called Haloumi that Clint & I fell in love with.  I am hoping I can find it in the states.  Or in Spain, at least.  :)  It is so good!  Like I said, I am definitely feeling all the extra things that come with eating so much and I don't much care for that, but I am not going to be on a diet while I am on vacation.  The two things just don't go together.  So, when I hit the states, I'll worry about getting some of this off of me. 

I am currently in Rome.  We just got here today.  It was a long day & Rome is scorching hot right now.  I will do my Amsterdam entry really soon.  I LOVED Amsterdam.  And Pearl Jam... woah.  Pearl Jam was unbelievable.  I am going to do a separate entry for just Pearl Jam... I made it up as close as the 4th row so I have some really great pictures.  All to be shared soon enough... :) 

Hope this finds you all well.  I know our trip is just over a couple weeks from ending, but my excitement doesn't end when this trip does because I get to be back in the USA with my family & friends!  I'm so excited to see everyone!!  But for now, back to Rome....


No comments:

Post a Comment