Me

Me

Friday, May 25, 2012

Let me UPdate ya

Hola!

I have an NIE update, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to let you all know. J I have an appointment officially set for next Wednesday, the 30th, to submit my application for renewal. I’m assuming that there won’t be any reason for them to decline the application. I have a ton of paperwork that I have to bring again, as expected, and for the most part, I’ve got it all gathered and completed. I am really, really hoping that there isn’t some issue with them messing up what school I will be at. I’m hoping I walk in with all my documentation and they give me a temporary card and I’m done. It sucks that I will have to take the 8 a.m. bus to Jaen (arrival at 9:00) and my appointment isn’t until 11:30. I hope it is quick, too, so I can catch the 1:00 bus back to the village. Anyway… you’ll hear all about it after it’s all said and done. Cross your fingers that it goes smoothly (for the first time in this country!). J

I have also decided that I am going to stay in the house that I am currently living in. I kind of fought with the decision for a couple weeks, but ultimately, it comes down to saving some money. The only negative about the house that I am in now is how freezing cold it is. And everyone tells me we had a mild winter this past year, so I could be in for a rude awakening. However, I will be fully stocked on hot water bottles and I will figure out the fire. I also intend on purchasing a heat blanket either in the states over the summer or in Jaen. Dad has always said, “You can survive anything for a little while.” Well, one way or another, I bet I survive. J Another thing that helped me decide… I HATE MOVING! I hate packing. It will be nice for me to just have the place ready for me upon my return. So… that decision is made and it’s nice to know that it’s one less thing to worry about before I get this summer started. J

Anyway, I thought I’d update you on a few of my decisions. I’ll close with a few more pictures… ENJOY!

6th graders playing during 'recess'

Some of the younger kids playing during recess.  They use an empty plastic bottle to play soccer (football) with.  I'm not sure if they aren't allowed to play with the school's sports equipmen or if it's just something they've made up along the way.  There is usually 2 or 3 games of this going on at once

Paqui, Clara, and Gema in the 6th grade English Club

The 6th grade during our field trip to Jaen.  This is at the University of Jaen. (We went to see an English play)

Some of the kiddos in my 4 year old class

No comments:

Post a Comment