Me

Me

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Zip-a-dee-doo-da

Hello, hello!

It has been a very uneventful first week of May.  Therefore, I do not have a whole lot of news to report.  The first week of the month was another 'puente,' which is another small vacation, I guess.  It technically means 'bridge.'  At any rate, my break was very uneventful, for once.  :)  I decided to save some dough and spend it in the village.  I've also been battling a cold (another one), so it was good timing in having a break.  I swear that I have never had as many colds in my life as I have since I've been here.  One of the teachers pointed out that I may have allergies?  I haven't had any allergies before, but I suppose it's a possibility that I am allergic to something here that isn't in the states.  Anything is possible!  :)

I genuinely can't believe we only have 3 weeks of school left.  Time has flown by!  I remember crying and being so scared about how long it was going to be away from everything I knew and now it's nearly over.  It's crazy.  I swear time has went at a warp speed since I've been here.  There's so much I want to change and improve on for next year, but I'm going to save that for a future entry.  :)

Right now, my biggest concern is getting my NIE card renewed for a second year BEFORE I go back to the states.  If I am able to do this, then I won't have to bother with the awful visa process again.  It makes much more sense to me, I think, to renew it while I am here.  If I have to do the visa thing, I would have to send my passport to Spain to get the visa and then have them send it back.  Don't you think it would be much better just to get it done while I am here?  I think so.  So far, I have been quite unable to get answers from anyone.  I shouldn't be surprised, probably, but I'm still frustrated.  Today, I finally got my tutora, Isabel, to speak with the director of the program.  He informed her that there are many people asking the same questions and it seems that they are going to set up an appointment for me at the Foreigner's Office (the rabbit hole, if you'll remember).  BUT, before that, they have to complete official documentation for me that they HOPE to get done by the 31st.  I have to have my renewal submitted BY the 31st for it to be legit.  Trust me, I am going to ask these people every day starting next week what the status is.  I NEED to get this done before I leave.  I've really thought about everything and if I have to do the whole visa process again, I just don't think I'll come back for a second year.  It takes forever to get all the documentation rounded up for a visa and then I'd have to fly to Chicago again (TWICE) before I could even come back.  It would take more time than the two months I have in the summer, too.  Nothing is set in stone, of course, I am just being up front about where my thoughts are.  I WANT to come back, but I don't want to spend my summer stressed to the max.  I'll keep you posted on all that.  I am hoping to have answers 'tomorrow.'  (Since everything is always tomorrow here) :) 

I think that's going to be all for now.  Another short entry!  I'm on a roll!  :)  I hope this finds you all well.  I would like to take a little time to express my sadness for my Uncle Vestal who passed away last weekend.  My thoughts are with Aunt Lois and the rest of the family & I wish I could be home for situations such as these. And please keep my cousin, Tina, in your thoughts as she continues her battle with sarcoma.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment