Me

Me

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Farewell Fiesta! (I have some pretty amazing people in my life)

I have some pretty great friends and family.  I may have mentioned that before, but it is worth mentioning a couple times.  :)

This photo was taken toward the end of the evening (a few shots in).  It doesn't include some of the special people that made the trip to the Rail to visit and show some love.  I really appreciate everyone coming out!!

Now that my praises to the porcelain throne has ceased, I can have a little reflection time. 

Now that I am home and in my jammies, I can comfortably sit here and think about what this weekend meant.  Of course, I am well aware that I am leaving, but to be honest, it really has not set in.  I mean, I leave in FOUR DAYS!  No more, "a few months," "a few weeks," etc.  I am leaving very soon.  I said goodbye with minimal tears this weekend.  (Probably had a lot to do with the fact that I was super occupied with the constant throwing up, that I really didn't have time to cry.)  I cried a bit when I actually got in the truck to leave town knowing that Hays is really in my rearview for the last time (in the near future, anyway).  As I type this, I am still just trying to grasp that this is reality.  I couldn't leave town saying, "I'll see you in a few weeks."  Because I won't.  I won't see all of my friends and family for nearly a year.  I'm not typing this in fear or regret for making this decision.  I type it in sadness that I can't take everyone with me to experience what I am getting ready to experience.  I wish I could pack you all in my suitcase & take you with me.  I guess my blog will have to do.  :)

I am unbelievable grateful to my extended family in Hays.  I would not have survived without you, that is no lie.  I have so many experiences that I will take forever with me!  And I can't wait to tell my new friends in Spain all the stories (that YOU did-NOT me, haha!)!  I would put money on it that some of the stories we have can trump any stories these Europeans may have.  :)  I'll get back to you on that. 

Well, I need to get to bed.  I'm running on "E" right now & need to get caught up.  Thank you all for showing love for me.  I am so thankful.  I wish I could express it better... MUCH LOVE! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment