Me

Me

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ba-Humbug

I am absolutely anti-Valentine's Day.  I don't get excited about it except for the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup shaped hearts.  I don't know if it's because I haven't found 'the one' (or even a Mr. Right now) or if it's because it's February and I've already got a massive grudge against the month as it is, but I have never been a big fan of the over-hyped day of pink and red and hearts and flowers.  Maybe someday I'll sing a different tune... but the person that finally gets me to change my mind will have to be someone very special, haha. 

This year is no different in my feelings of the day.  However, I obviously have to get in the spirit to do activities with the children.  Stuff like that, I don't mind at all.  They are happy, so that makes me happy.  I put aside my distaste for pink and become the master of all things Valentine's.  HaHa--KIDDING.  I did make some small cards for all the teachers that I work with and even made brownies to take to the school (which were a hit, by the way).  I think they liked them.  Hope so anyway.  :)  We helped our little ones make Valentine's cards in our English Club last week and we'll finish them today.  Had to let the glue dry.  We took care of the things the students couldn't do, like cutting and folding and whatnot, but we let them pick out the hearts and do the gluing.  With close supervision, we even let them put glitter on their cards.  They got pretty excited about that.  :)  I'll take a picture of them this afternoon at class with their cards and post it at a later time.  :)  However, there is one set of pictures I would like to share with you that is one reason that I cannot completely detest Valentine's Day this year.  One of the 6th grade students made me a card and it is quite cute.  I can't really hate the day when I receive little things like this...



Clearly, we need to continue working on their English, but the message is pretty clear.  :)  It made me smile!  They have a hard enough time saying my name, so spelling it is probably as tough, haha... I'm impressed and love the gesture!

So, with only a minimal amount of disgust in my voice, I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day.  There.  I said it.  You won't hear it again.  HaHa!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Ba-Humbug day, Darlin'! Understand why you don't cherish this day, but know that we're thinkin' about ya and hope it's a really good day with those kids. I'm sure they luff you just like we do!
    Mama Jill

    ReplyDelete