Me

Me

Friday, February 10, 2012

Colors of the Wind


I am continuing my battle with technology.  I've taken a couple videos here and there and am trying to figure out how to post them, haha.  So, I hope this works.  Above is hopefully a video of my 4 year old class.  They are singing the color song that I brought.  It's kinda cute, haha.

I don't have much more to write, but I will tell you about my first experience at a Spanish doctor's office... I pulled a muscle in my neck.  You know, that muscle that doesn't allow you to move your head one way or another without moving your whole body?  That's what I had.  And it was painful.  I wasn't able to sleep, it was just pretty rough.  Anyway, this happened Sunday night.  I went to school Monday and told Isabel about it was questioning what it was like to go to the doctor in Spain.  She basically just made an appointment for me for the next morning.  I went in at 9:00.  And around 9:30, she told me that I needed to come back at 12:05 for my appointment.  So, basically, 9:00 is when I had an appointment to make an appointment.  Make sense?  HaHa  Anyway, I went to school for my 2nd class of the day.  Isabel, in her own nice words, haha, basically said that I looked like hell.  She did not come out and say it rudely in any way, haha, I just said that I hadn't slept and she said, "I can tell."  HaHa... She sent me home to rest for the rest of Tuesday and I went to my appointment at noon.  Stef came with me to be a translator, haha, just in case they asked questions I didn't know how to answer.  Thank heavens she was there!!  I barely said two words, to be honest.  I could understand the doctor decently when he spoke, but I wouldn't have been able to answer him very well.  Anyway, he said he preferred to give me suppositories because they'd work quicker, haha.  I chose to go with oral capsules, haha.  So, he prescribed me some pain medicine and a muscle relaxer that is supposed to help me sleep.  My health insurance doesn't cover prescriptions.  I was concerned about the cost of them when Stef and I went to the pharmacy (chemist, here).  He gave me 40 pain pills and 30 muscle relaxers.  Guess what I paid?  2.50 euros!  That's roughly $3.50.  For ALL of it!  And let me mention that my actual appointment cost me nothing.  It's free here.  SO STRANGE!  But, you will not catch me complaining.  I'm feeling quite a bit better.  My neck is still rather sore, but I can tell the improvement. 

There's my story for this short entry.  I have some things I need to get to, so I'll leave you be!  I hope the video works 'cause it's pretty cute.  If not, I'll try another way at another time.  :) 

BTW, they are saying "Hola/Hello" to all of you at the end of the video.  :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's an adorable video! :) Sorry to hear about your neck, but I'm glad that the doctor's appointment went well. It's so affordable in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, omg. Glad you passed on the suppositories.

    ReplyDelete