Me

Me

Monday, February 6, 2012

~Fun in February~

Hola, readers!

It has been super cold lately!! I won't complain because we've had a run of warm weather and I'm hoping it returns! The wind this weekend reminded me of Kansas. It was a bit intense on a few occassions. :) As you know, my source of heat is gas cans. To get a full gas can, I have to sit the empty can outside my door and a man drives around and delivers new ones. He won't stop unless there are cans outside your door waiting for him. I've had a gas can outside my door for a few days now and no one has stopped by. The one in my room just ran out, too, so I'm getting a little bit concerned. I'm surviving right now, but let's hope he shows up soon!

Last Thursday, Joanne and I were told there was a ceremony in the plaza--Candelaria. We were told 8:00, so we met a bit before and waited... and waited... but we weren't really sure what we were waiting for exactly. We met up with friends who explained we were waiting for hot chocolate and cake. We stood outside in the FREEZING cold waiting for a cup of hot chocolate. Had we known, we would've delayed coming out, haha. Well, when it finally came time for the hot chocolate and cake, they opened up the doors to the city hall. There was a MOB of people at those doors. Joanne and I stood in the mob for a few minutes before it became quite overwhelming for me. I had to get out, haha. Without hot chocolate and cake. :) After the hot chocolate and cake, there was a bonfire a few blocks away. We walked to that and enjoyed the heat from the flames. They served free drinks (wine or soda) and popcorn. We arrived after the fire had clearly been burning for a decent amount of time. I'm not sure if we missed something prior to it being lit. While we were there, it just seemed as if the people of the village were surrounding a bonfire with some drinks. I was told it was a religious celebration, but I don't fully understand what exactly. It's an annual thing on the 2nd of February. And it was quite cozy when we were close to the fire! :) Here are a couple pictures (for those of you who don't have FB):


I'm going to close this brief entry with a music video that I shared on Facebook, but thought I'd share it on here, too. If it doesn't make you smile, then you have no sense of humor. It's a fun video that just makes you wanna dance crazy and have a good time! :) You know you like to sing or dance when you know no one is watching!! This is a good song to do that to. HaHa—I do. :)  Here is the video of Lonely Boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment