Me

Me

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Getting Prepared...

Hello friends & family... Or strangers, I suppose.  I am getting ready to change my life pretty drastically.  Drastically for me, anyway.  I have accepted a position to teach English in Spain for a 9 month period.  If all goes well, it could become something more long-term.  Nothing is certain, but I'm keeping my options open.

Right now, I am doing my best to prepare for this new adventure.  It's not easy & there is a lot of stuff that I need/have to do.  From small things like saving money to bigger things like selling my car... I have a lot to do in about a 3 month time period.  In addition, I am still anxiously awaiting the arrival of more information about my city and school details.  I need all of this so I can go to Chicago and get my Visa application process started.  It's going to be a busy summer.  (Expensive, too)

You are probably reading this much later than what it is dated.  I have decided, for now, that I just want to write this down as a method of therapy for myself.  In time, I will pass on the information of where my blog is.  I hope that you will  read and enjoy all of my entries.  I promise to do my very best at keeping it up to date and thorough.  I know I would want to know every little detail about my friends or families adventures, so I will attempt to do my very best to do the same for you all.  (all 2 of you, I'm sure, haha!) 

Please comment on my entries... ask questions if I'm not adding enough details.  I want input on how to make this the best outlet & information station for all of you in the states following me.  I will do my best to post pictures, as I'm sure there will be many. 

So, let me be honest... I am really, really nervous about this trip.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited as hell to do something so amazing, but I am also very nervous that I am doing it alone.  I know it's the choice that I made and I will stick to it because that is what I do.  I stand behind my decisions.  A part of me would sure love it if I had a good friend making this trip with me.  Someone to share in the experiences and excitement that will, undoubtedly, come my way, but alas, I am venturing out on my own.  And I'm venturing OUT OUT... not just to a new city a few miles away... SPAIN.  It's still kind of surreal to say.  I'm nervous, but I'm very excited.  This will be my greatest adventure yet, I am confident in that.

Many of you know that my biggest concern was my dad in making this decision.  I will always be a daddy's girl & I don't ever want to be too far away.  But I think he knows that I have always wanted to see what this big 'ol world has out there.  I know he never imagined me moving to a place as far away as Spain, but I'm trying to keep in mind that it is not that long of a time period in the grande scheme of things.  Dad, I know you are reading this and know that I, too, don't want to get too far away from you, but this is just something I have to do for me.  And like you said, I don't want to regret not going somewhere in my future.  It will be a good adventure & once I am safely back here, I think you'll be really excited for me.  (I promise that I will not permanently move to Spain... I'd miss you too much)  ;)

I think the name of this blog is pretty obvious to anyone who knows me.  I want to always maintain my roots... my work ethic, my country values, etc.  But I also need to spread my wings & fly.  I need to see what's out there if only to take a glimpse and return home. 

This entry is really scattered, I know.  I apologize.  I'm kind of typing it as thoughts pop in my head.  My world is about to change, so I guess it's fair to be a little scatter-brained.  :)  I'll end this entry with that.  Again, I know that most of you will be reading this much later than this posted date.  Right now, I just need an outlet for myself.  Soon enough, you'll all be up to speed & you can see where my head's been the whole time.  Thanks for reading!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment