Me

Me

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just received new info!

Well, I just received new information about my trip!  I say "trip" like I'm going on a vacation.  Not the case.  I'm going on an adventure... a journey... a whole new life.  I expect this will bring changes to me that I never expected.  Mostly good, I hope!

Anyway... I received my letter from Spain yesterday.  I will officially be moving to Valdapenas de Jaen.  Please excuse that things are not punctually correct... I still don't know how to accent my letters.  Ooops.  Better get that figured out, I suppose.  Anyway, my city is a small city from what I can figure out.  There's not a whole lot about it out there, but I've only skimmed.  It is in a more mountanous area.  From looking at a map, it isn't more than a few hours to the coast, though.  BONUS!  I really can't wait to see the coastal cities... I can't wait to see anything, really.  :) 

Now, I'm working on getting my Visa application process started.  Talk about a headache.  It seems as if I have to go to Chicago to do it myself.  Not once, but TWICE.  It cannot be done via mail; I have to be there in person.  A trip like that is not cheap.  And I have to do it twice.  Damn.  I have made my appointment to have my "interview" in order to apply.  10 minutes.  That's how long it is supposed to be.  10 minutes.  I have to pay all this money to get to Chicago & it will take 10 minutes.  Ridiculous.  I'm searching for other options, but as of now, it looks like I will be taking a road trip to Chi-town in a couple weeks.  Bring it on, I guess!

The letter didn't give me nearly enough information.  Not for this girl, anyway.  This girl likes to PLAN!  I mean, you should see the lists I have all over my apartment.  I have been doing research of flying vs driving to Chicago.  I've made lists of things I want to sell.  I have an itenerary for the summer on what I want to get accomplished on a weekly basis.  Some people may think I'm crazy, but it's the only way I can sanely prepare for such an experience.  Anyway, the letter didn't tell me anything about the orientation seminar we are supposed to have prior to starting school.  It didn't tell me what age group I was going to be teaching.  It gave me no information about places to live, etc.  I have done some e-mailing to see if I can get some answers, but no luck yet.  Keep your fingers crossed.  It's killing me enough that I can't book my flight to Spain until I have Visa in hand... And that won't be until August.  I LEAVE IN SEPTEMBER!  I just don't like this disorganization.  I may have a messy apartment or car at times, but I am an organizer at the core.  HaHa... I just want answers!  :) 

I don't have internet at my place, so I try to sneak away & get some Wi-Fi access on occassion.  I really enjoy posting on here because it allows me to say things that I may not have anyone to say it to at the time.  The blog has to listen to me.  It can't ignore me or shut me out, haha... and it doesn't talk back!!  The best part!  Don't get me wrong, I have people here that are willing to listen to me & actually like it (believe it or not), but sometimes I feel like a broken record.  This is where I can come to avoid that feeling.  :)

Alright, I have to go to work.  I will check back in soon.  Bing Bing Bing

No comments:

Post a Comment