Me

Me

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I Kissed A Girl

...This was never the way I planned... not my intention. I got so brave, drink in hand, lost my discretion. It not what I'm used to, just want to try you on. I'm curious, for you caught my attention...

Have I caught yours?

This little entry is going to be about HUMOR! I am very curious how many of you clicked on the link to the blog and thought, "oh shit, it's about to get real in here!" or something to the likes of that? Be honest! HaHa!

I was trying to think of creative way to do a post about the importance of humor and how I have tried to incorporate it into my life on a different level. I looked up a couple fun songs that I thought might work, but then this song popped into my head for some reason. And I actually laughed out loud (like, seriously). In my head, I thought, "well, that will get the attention right away!" HaHa! I hope it worked. If not, well... I tried. And your sense of humor is boring. (Just kidding... but am I?)



Humor is so incredibly important. If you can't laugh at yourself or the way that life works out (or doesn't) sometimes, then what is the point? I have been surrounded by sarcastic assholes most of my adult life, so I've certainly gained a better appreciation for the funnier side of life. Humor can be found in so many different places, too! You just have to be aware and willing to allow it in. It's healing, so you should certainly allow it space!

Like for instance... say you wake up in the morning and get out of bed. Your leg/foot, however, stays asleep and when you step out of bed, your leg buckles and you hit the floor. This is all hilarious until you realize the wall is right beside you & you nearly knock yourself out hitting your head because, let's be real, who is expecting this to be the first thing that happens in the morning? (PS: This really happened to me)

A few profane words come out of my mouth (I have a very pretty vocabulary sometimes) and I allow my leg some time to wake the hell up and get with the program and then go about my business of getting ready. Well, while getting ready, I am curling my hair and the straightener drops out of my hand. Natural instinct is to catch it, right? Well, it's a freakin' hot iron and in your haste, you don't have control of which end you are attempting to catch. A few more naughty words come out of my mouth...

I continue on with my day and little things keep happening... Like, I dropped the same damn pen about 20 times (probably like 5 or 6 really) or I knock my knee on the desk or I take a drink of water and it spills onto my shirt. You know, no big deal! These are usually the days that I catch the very end of my favorite song on the radio or am 1 minute too late for Sonic's happy hour or whatever. You get the idea!

My day is close to being over and as I am walking into the house, I slam my finger in the screen door. More profanity. Luna (my cat) doesn't seem to give a shit, but hisses at me anyway because I'm yelling loudly (the profanity, remember). Well, this pisses me off, so I direct some of the profanity in her direction (because she totally deserves it) and go to place my purse on the table. It falls off, spilling all of its contents... I cuss some more. I eventually made it to bed that day, but the whole day was just one of those days where I should have just stayed in bed... You ever have those?

The point I am trying to get at is this... I was really grumpy that day... all day. And I'm quite sure that I didn't hide it well. I tend to wear my feelings on my face. However, when I tell this story, I literally cannot stop laughing. It's f*#king funny! In the moment, I may have punched you in the face if you laughed at me, but now... I can't get through it sometimes because of my own laughter.

I now try really hard to incorporate humor specifically on days that are rough. I actually try to make a comment to myself or laugh about it so that I don't let frustration in. If I allow that to come into my world, then I am, most likely, going to put it back out into the world. And I don't want people to have a bad day because of me and my attitude. This is huge for me in 2017. I, too, am a sarcastic asshole sometimes and I would not have it any other way. My humor can be inappropriate at times and if you say yours isn't, you're lying. Embrace it! Enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment