Me

Me

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)

I challenge ALL of you to not pump your fists during this song. Seriously, you can't do it, can you? https://youtu.be/LatorN4P9aA

I feel like I'd be doing an incredible disservice to my youth if I didn't (well, also my Fort Hays days) if I didn't include Journey in my journey, haha! (See what I did there?) While I connect to so many Journey songs, this one is probably my favorite and I will jam to it endlessly when it comes on my playlist. And yes, I pump my fist like there's no tomorrow! Prior to this entry, I had no idea there was an actual Journey video for the song. It cracked me up to watch it. It's so old-fashioned and amazing! Take the time to watch it. Those clothes! HaHa!

                                                 

I realize the song is more about letting go of a great love and wishing them well, while still loving them in your heart. So I'll stick with that theme. Past great loves that shaped who I am today and wishing them and any future relationships well. 

"Someday, love will find you. Break those chains that bind you. One night will remind you how we touched and went our separate ways. If he ever hurts you, true love won't desert you. You know I still love you, though we touched and went our separate ways."

I can count on one hand the amount of times I could say that I was really "in love" in my life. I am fortunate to say that, though, and I realize that. Clearly those loves did not last, but I can also so that I am friends with them to this day. Back in the day, I am sure I wished them ill will and hated the circumstances surrounding our separation, but in my growth and maturity, I really wish them nothing but the very best. 

In keeping with the theme of these entries, I learned something from each person I've loved. I accept the good, the bad, and the ugly and I hope that they can say they learned from their time with me, too. There are songs that take me back to each love I've been blessed to experience. There are places that bring things back. And there are smells that take me back to school dances and football games.

In my heart, I will always have love for them and what we shared in those moments.

"If you must go, I wish you love. You'll never walk alone, take care my love. Miss you, love!"

I just hope that these words apply to me. I hope that true love does not desert me and will make itself known in the future. I hope that I have the opportunity to share my life, my story, and my vulnerabilities with a best friend who becomes my lover. I want to travel and see the world with someone. I want to create a family and raise baby Chiefs fans with someone. I have to believe that love will find me. In speaking with a friend over the weekend, she encouraged me to continue on the path that I choose for myself. If someone wants to join for the ride, then that's great, but I need to focus on my priorities and what makes me happy in this moment. The decisions I make need to be for me and not for the benefit of someone else. 

I believe he's out there. I believe that true love won't desert me. I also know that someone may come into my life and become a soulmate in passing. For them, I can apply this song as well. I will learn from them and wish them the best. Someday... Love will find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment